• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claims suit seems bogus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amb4cds

State: California

Almost a year ago, my boyfriend rear-ended someone going 2 miles/hour. At the time, they exchanged information and even though the man was yelling a lot, there were know injuries or damages to either people or vehicles. Really, my boyfriend just tapped him at a stop sign. Even the other guys insurance company said the car was fine. Then months later, my boyfriend is charged for a new bumper. More months later, he is being taken to small claims court for $7500 for injuries the man apparently sustained. Needless to say, he feels as though this is totally bogus and he's being screwed. What are his options? Thanks for you advice.

Last edited:

moburkes

State: California

Almost a year ago, my boyfriend rear-ended someone going 2 miles/hour. At the time, they exchanged information and even though the man was yelling a lot, there were know injuries or damages to either people or vehicles. Really, my boyfriend just tapped him at a stop sign. Even the other guys insurance company said the car was fine. Then months later, my boyfriend's insurance goes up to pay for a new bumper. More months later, my boyfriend is being taken to small claims court for $7500 for injuries the man apparently sustained. Needless to say, he feels as though this is totally bogus and he's being screwed. What are his options? Thanks for you advice.
Your BFs insurance company is not going up to "pay for a bumper". It is going up because he was involved in an at fault accident. If the damage was more severe or less severe, the surcharge would be the same. He simply needs to turn the matter over to his insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">