• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soc Sec Disability question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DanPop

I was injured (4 herniated discs and 2 degenerated discs) at work on Sept 10 1999 and am still out of work but going back soon. On March 10 2000 I was eligable for SS diability. I applied in June when I knew I would be out a full year, I was denied saying I could have done "some" type of job. I applied for reconsideration and that was denied just last week for the same reason. How can they say I was able to get "some type" of job if I was still legally employed by my employer and was going to almost weekly Drs appts, CT scans and MRIs? Plus, any type of job would have ended my workers comp. Also along with chronic back pain, I was having acute episodes of pain which were keeping me in bed, unable to walk. I have completed pyshical therapy and am going back to work soon but am I entitled to the back money (about $9,000) from March to current? Should I request a hearing?

M

maxi

keep fighting them and get a laywer when they deny you for the last time its the only way you win .I know i been there and it took me 2 years to get it .

A

art fries

yes you can get free advice but if you want someone to help you get through it all without a headache try calling a disability claims advisor for specifics- 18005671911 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanPop:
I was injured (4 herniated discs and 2 degenerated discs) at work on Sept 10 1999 and am still out of work but going back soon. On March 10 2000 I was eligable for SS diability. I applied in June when I knew I would be out a full year, I was denied saying I could have done "some" type of job. I applied for reconsideration and that was denied just last week for the same reason. How can they say I was able to get "some type" of job if I was still legally employed by my employer and was going to almost weekly Drs appts, CT scans and MRIs? Plus, any type of job would have ended my workers comp. Also along with chronic back pain, I was having acute episodes of pain which were keeping me in bed, unable to walk. I have completed pyshical therapy and am going back to work soon but am I entitled to the back money (about $9,000) from March to current? Should I request a hearing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">