• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOLD CAR AND HAD ACCIDENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackster

I SOLD A CAR TO MY MOTHER, SHE WAS TO GET REFIANCING OF HER OWN, BUT BEFORE SHE COULD, SHE HAD AN ACCIDENT. NOW I AM BEING SUIED AND THEY ARE DEMANDING 8K FROM MY. I DID NOT FILE A FORM WITH THE DMV BECAUSE THE ACCIDENT HAPPENED 2 DAYS AFTER SALE, FOUND OUT MOM HAD LET HER LICENCE EXPIRE AND NO INSURANCE. HELP. BEING PRESSURED TO PAY NOW OR I LOOSE MY LICENCE FOR 3 YEARS HE SAID. PLUS THEY WILL PUT A LEIN ON MY HOUSE

racer72

Did you cancel your insurance on the vehicle before your mother took possession? If not, it still may have been effective at the time of the accident. If you had no insurance your only option may be to sue your mother for the damages or pay up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">