• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sold used car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mgclark

What is the name of your state? Oregon. I sold my car an 1981 volov for $1,100 , we did not lie about anything or say the car was in better condition then it was. The women who bought the car returned saying that she took the car to Oil Can Herery's who told her the engine was going out. she now no longer wanted to buy the car(keep im mind she had already paid for the car and I had signed over the title to her). I had told her to take the car to a mechcanic to see what was wrong. She told me she already hgad an appointment but the car has not been move from the time she had brought it back. She only wants her money back. She returned again the next day telling me she had talked to lawyer who told her she could take me to small claims court and win. Is this true? Even when there was no contract or warrenty and sold as is?

A

AceHigh300

If you made no express garantee, and nothing is written down, she is responsable for the car 100% She should have taken it to Oil Can Henry's BEFORE she paid and you signed the title over. Since she didn't, no matter how much of a lemon she bought, it's hers for keeps. When buying any used vehicle, unless expressly implied, there is NO garantee that it'll last any longer than it takes her to drive it away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">