• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjeff24

I sold a privately owned vehicle in 01/00. The lady called today and the car was wrecked by her daughter and the person you is going to fix the vehicle said that it had previously been wrecked. Now she is calling my husband about it. Is there anything we need to be worried about?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cjeff24 said:
I sold a privately owned vehicle in 01/00. The lady called today and the car was wrecked by her daughter and the person you is going to fix the vehicle said that it had previously been wrecked. Now she is calling my husband about it. Is there anything we need to be worried about?
My response:

Not a thing.

It was her responsibility to have the vehicle checked out by her mechanic before she bought the car. If she didn't, tough luck . . . she bought a car.

Unless in writing, there are no guarantees, or warranties in private vehicle sales.

She can scream, kick, cry, yell and stomp her feet all she wants. She's SOL.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">