• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somebody HELP Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mandi1

I got run over by a truck back in Feb of '95. This happened in Florence, SC. I was in a coma for 7 days and in the hospital for a total of 5 weeks. I don't remember anything about the whole thing except for the last 3 days of the hospital and I was in a trance-like. The doctors said that I had the mind level of a 12 year old. My mom tells me that she signed papers for me to go to a rehabilitational facility there in South Carolina due to the fact that I had a serious head injury. She said that the hospital there had funds for people like me with no insurance etc. Well, my ex step father (Jim) and his wife (Tina) took me out of the hospital and brought me back to Goldsboro, North Carolina. They put me to work as soon as they could like in September of '95. I didn't start having any problems until a year later Aug of '96. Almost all those things listed for symptoms of traumatic brain injury, I HAVE. I went through serious depression due to rejection and no one believing me. I have been to over 38 doctors here in NC and the only thing I got diagnosed with is clinical depression, and anxiety. Nevertheless, I still know that I have problems. Well, God took the depression away like 11 months ago, but I still have the EXACT same symptoms as I did back in Aug of '96. Now my whole family has turned against me and they won't help me do anything. His wife was the one who made it a point to get all the information from all the doctors and now NO ONE WILL TELL ME ANYTHING. I don't even have my own medical records as Tina took it upon herself to supposedly take care of all these things. Well, now, I've been fired from the last two jobs I had (before the accident I had never been fired) and I keep trying to tell these people that something is still wrong and NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO ME. I believe that I can't get adequate care here in NC because no one knows what happened to me. They pulled me out of the hospital before they were finished running tests to see exactly what was damaged. Anyway, I think that these people should be made to do what it takes to get to the bottom of this but now they are kicking me out and shutting me out completely to fend for myself in the world without the occupational therapy I needed from the beginning. See, I believe that they were money hungry and thought I was going to get a lot of money out of it. Turns out, when they brought me across state lines, I lost any benefit I was due from McCleod Hospital in Florence SC. I am practically homeless. I need some advice. Since neither of these people are any relation to me, couldnt' they be charged with something. They took me out of the place where I was receiving adequate care and put me in a situation where I didn't get adequate care. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">