• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcod23

What is the name of your state? MA

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but we'll start here anyway. I bought a Lexus IS 300 on 2/24/05. When we were in the process of buying the car I did a carfax report which came up clean and the title was clean. Now 3 years later I'm trying to sell the car. When i brought it in for trade they ran a carfax report and it was found that the car was in a collision two years prior to my buying it and has been reported as having frame damage. So now the title has to be "branded" (something like that not sure if thats the word they used) and the car is worth about half of what it would of otherwise. So my question is how can it be that this is not reported until i already bought the car thinking it was fine. As a matter of fact the bank i went through to get the loan wouldn't loan to me unless the car has a clean title. Any feed back would help I am steaming over this. Thankyou.

ecmst12

Do you still have the report from when you bought the car? Sounds to me like you need to contact Carfax.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Another question:
Did YOU run the Carfax report? Or, did the dealer run it and show it to you?

jcod23

Do you Mean the first dealer who i bought it from or the dealer I am trading it into? I'm almost positive I did the carfax when i bought it. Whether i still have that report i don't know ( I've moved in the meantime so it might of got tossed). The dealer i am trading it into ran the most recent report but i know the kid very well. regardless if i still have the report or not how can information like this only be released after i bought the car? I've done nothing to diminish the value of the car but in the time the value is destroyed due to this information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">