• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone hit me while I was in park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tnj1908

What is the name of your state? New York
I was in park about to drive off when a guy hit me in the front. He reversed his car into mine and damaged my fender. I need a totally new fender. He didn't want to get his insurance involved and agreed to pay me for the damages since it was totally his fault which he admitted too. I went to my auto body shop and my guys estimate is too high for him. He wants me to go to his. I feel comfortable with my place though. He then proceeds to say that his friends where saying that he should lie and say that I hit him and they will be his witness. I have 5 witnesses that were with me and he gave me all his information. He doesn't have no information on me since he was the one in the wrong. I know I should have failed a police report and now I am confused. Should I still file one, can he lie on me if he doesn't have no information on me and should I go to his repair shop. Please help. Thank you.

Y

ylen13

call your insurance company and report the accident. There is no reason why you should have to use his auto body shop

teflon_jones

You should file this with your insurance company asap and let him try to scam them (not going to happen).

You have the right to choose what repair shop you use.

Lynx 36

If all the witnesses were his friends they hold no weight. It wouldn't do you any good to file a PR now. Call your insurance company and report the accident to them. You also have the right to choose whatever body shop you wish to have your car repaired at no matter who pays to get you car fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">