• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone sitting on a car or jumping in the way of a moving car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

celtic_highwaym

What is the name of your state? NC

I had someone sit down on my car and tried to keep me from moving it. I get in the car and tell her she needs to move so she doesn't. She backs up and I try to go foward but she runs to the front of my car and tries to stop me once again. This time jumping on the hood. I drive off and she falls off.

Did I do something illegal and under what law?

If I did, do I not have some legal recourse?

C

celtic_highwaym

Is there a reference to, well, reference just in case

C

celtic_highwaym

As far as I know, no. However the police told her to talk to the magisrate. She stated she was going to file charges as in criminal. I don't know about the whole sueing thing. But I thought that she put herself into that situation as I tried to leave my property. She had minor cuts on her hands prop from when she jerked off my windshield wiper.

The police did not file charges at the scene so I consider that a sign that I wasn't in the wrong.

I'm looking for some general law or something in which I can defend myself. I really think she knew what she was doing and was looking for something. After she fell off she played the victim very well.

Last edited:
C

celtic_highwaym

Not a blow was swung..she was just attempting to detain me in my own driveway.

bubbly602

Not really the point but...

Why was she trying to stop you from leaving your own driveway? Sorry, but my interest is piqued. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">