• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son attacked @ school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marybr

my son was attacked at school and they won't do anything about it. The other parent won't do anything.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

marybr said:
to: IAAL thanks for responding. Any advice?
My response:

You're welcome - - I think.

However, I see no details in your story, and I see no questions. So, how can I advise you when there are no details on which to advise ?

For example, was your child "attacked" by another child ? By an adult ? By Godzilla ? By an angry mob ? By the Japanese at Iwo Jima ? By Osama Bin Laden ?

How old is your child ? Where did the "attack" occur - - in the classroom ? On the playground ? In chemistry class ? On an Aircraft Carrier in the Coral Sea ?

What was the "attack" about ? What injuries were suffered ?

What was your child doing just prior to the "attack" ? Minding his own business ? Taunting other children ? Setting fire to the school library ?

And, in what State did this "attack" happen ?

You see, there are too many questions.

IAAL

M

marybr

To: IAAL--Here are some more details.
My son is 14 years old, he was attacked by another student while getting books out of his locker. He was minding his own business when the other student jumped him from behind, threw his jacket over my son's head and proceeded to beat on him, then threw him over his shoulder on to the concrete floor. All this took place in the hallway at school. My son was knocked unconscious momentarily. He had nose bleeding and facial damage. I took him to our family doctor, where x-rays were performed and the diagnosis was a concussion. All of this happened in south Arkansas.
I hope this will give you some insight.
When we spoke with the principal at school she said "they suspended the other student for 3 days and that was all they could do."
When we spoke to the other students Father he said "I don't believe my son did that and he wasn't going to do anything, that he would leave it up to the school."
Thanks for responding IAAL.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, it sounds like you and your son have a good lawsuit against the School District, the Principle, and it's Administrators. Also, you both have a good lawsuit against the other child, and his father, for the medical damages, your son's pain and suffering, and punitive damages.

Remember, when you see your Personal Injury attorney with your son, that you must also file a "Claim for Damages" against the School District before a lawsuit can be commenced.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

M

marybr

To: IAAL
Thanks for your advice. I have contacted my family attorney and have an appointment with him this afternoon.
My son is still very angry. The other child involved is allowed to return to school tomorrow and my son said is having a hard time trying to control his temper.
Thanks again, I will advise you on outcome later.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Your son needs to go with you to the attorney's office. Your attorney is going to need "first-hand" information, not the information that you can tell him. Remember, the information that you've been told is "second-hand" information.

Take your son with you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">