• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son in auto accident, parents & son being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plraf

Texas

A boy turned 18 a week before he was involved in accident in Texas. His vehicle crossed over to the oncoming traffic and he hit a person headon. He was cited for failure to control speed. Unfortunately, the driver of the car died a few months later as a result of the injuries. The parents have been sued along with the son. Auto insurance was only the State minimum. The son has no assets as he just graduated H.S. When he was 16 and 4 months he was received a speeding ticket and was involved in a minor accident but no injury. From 16 and 4 months until he turned 18 (1 year 8 months), he did not receive any other moving violations or involved in an accident. Can we the parents be held liable under Texas law? If so, if a judgement is presented what recourse can be we take? How can a judgement be enforced?

IAAL IS HERE!

plraf said:
Texas

A boy turned 18 a week before he was involved in accident in Texas. His vehicle crossed over to the oncoming traffic and he hit a person headon. He was cited for failure to control speed. Unfortunately, the driver of the car died a few months later as a result of the injuries. The parents have been sued along with the son. Auto insurance was only the State minimum. The son has no assets as he just graduated H.S. When he was 16 and 4 months he was received a speeding ticket and was involved in a minor accident but no injury. From 16 and 4 months until he turned 18 (1 year 8 months), he did not receive any other moving violations or involved in an accident. Can we the parents be held liable under Texas law? If so, if a judgement is presented what recourse can be we take? How can a judgement be enforced?
Who owned the car? In other words, was your name on the title?

T

Trucking Mad

plraf said:
Texas

I,m shocked. someone died as a result of this persons negligence and the parents concern is $$$$. Think about making amends with the other family and work it out

IAAL IS HERE!

Trucking Mad said:
I,m shocked. someone died as a result of this persons negligence and the parents concern is $$$$. Think about making amends with the other family and work it out

Oh, shut the hell up, you idiot. That's the LAST thing you want to do!

true they are wanting to get paid your insurance will pay up to a point and then from that they have a right to seek damages above what your insurance pays them... you will need an attorney check with your insurance company and see who they are using then proceed from there....

T

Trucking Mad

IAAL IS HERE! said:
Oh, shut the hell up, you idiot. That's the LAST thing you want to do!
Thanks, but I didn't ask you for advice. They did!

IAAL IS HERE!

RedemptionMan said:
true they are wanting to get paid your insurance will pay up to a point and then from that they have a right to seek damages above what your insurance pays them... you will need an attorney check with your insurance company and see who they are using then proceed from there....

Here's another idiot!

Hey, idiot . . . You don't even know if this parent was on the title!

Ever heard of reading?

T

Trucking Mad

IAAL IS HERE! said:
You got my opinion anyway, whether you like it or not. You're an idiot!
You should learn some manners, Mr. Haughty(look it up)

IAAL IS HERE! said:
You got my opinion anyway, whether you like it or not. You're an idiot!
you must be the idiot how about you reply to your own posts if you already know the answer. They will try and settle up to a point the insurance will pay it is called accidential death and dismemberment... once they hit that limit usually 50 or 100 grand they can go after the insured..

IAAL IS HERE!

RedemptionMan said:
you must be the idiot how about you reply to your own posts if you already know the answer. They will try and settle up to a point the insurance will pay it is called accidential death and dismemberment... once they hit that limit usually 50 or 100 grand they can go after the insured..

You are just too stupid for words. Tell me, if the parents are NOT on title of the vehicle, how would the parent(s) be liable? Hmmmm?

Where does it say in this thread that the parent(s) are on the title of the vehicle?

The boy is an adult. So, you tell me how a parent would be liable. C'mon, this is your chance to READ and to prove you're not the idiot we all know you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
IAAL IS HERE! said:
You are just too stupid for words. Tell me, goddamnit, if the parents are NOT on title of the vehicle, how would the parent(s) be liable? Hmmmm?

Where does it say in this thread that the parent(s) are on the title of the vehicle?

The boy is an adult. So, you tell me how a parent would be liable. C'mon, this is your chance to READ and to prove you're not the idiot we all know you are!
If the insurance and the title on the car is not in his parents name then they are not liable --

IAAL IS HERE!

RedemptionMan said:
If the insurance and the title on the car is not in his parents name then they are not liable --

Well! You CAN read! You're not the Arkansas Dufus all thought you were! It only took you an entire thread to realize your initial answer was STUPID!

Last edited by a moderator:
IAAL IS HERE! said:
Well, son-of-a-bitch! You CAN read! You're not the Arkansas Dufus are thought you were! It only took you an entire thread to realize your initial answer was STUPID!
yeah true and watch what you say the smartest president this country has ever seen came from Arkansas -- I never said that it was stupid -- but if the insurance is in the parents name then that would not be good,,,,,

IAAL IS HERE!

RedemptionMan said:
yeah true and watch what you say the smartest president this country has ever seen came from Arkansas -- I never said that it was stupid -- but if the insurance is in the parents name then that would not be good,,,,,

Oh, brother. The more you talk, the more you're still being STUPID! I didn't want to embarrass you by mentioning the insurance issue, but since you brought it up again, I guess you're just "asking for it."

It wouldn't matter if the car was on the parent's insurance! The Plaintiff can ONLY sue the boy! Insurance DOES NOT give you an ownership "insurable interest" in a vehicle IF the parent's name is not on the title!

Jeez, you REALLY need to learn some law BEFORE you start spouting bull crap on these forums. Here's an idea - - how about just reading these posts rather than responding, and scaring the hell out of people. Hmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">