• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son injured at McDonald's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TXMOM4

What is the name of your state? Texas.
this incident happened at a McDonald's located inside a Wal-Mart.

my 4 year old son stepped up on the bottom rung of a railing used to keep people back from the ordering line. he slipped on the bottom rail and went head first over the top rail. he smashed his mouth against the bottom rail in the fall. there was a lot of blood and screaming. there was no supervisor on duty. a dentist took care of my son for about an hour inside the McDonald's. a supervisor called me later to see what happened.

when x-rays were taken 3 days later, his 2 front teeth had to be extracted because they were too badly damaged. he was fitted with a space maintainer since he won't get his front teeth for about 3 years.

a claim representative from McDonald's called me to get the story and then sent medical authorization release forms which i signed and sent back. that was 3 months ago. i have not been contacted since.

should i contact McDonald's and ask them to pay the dental bills? they asked me if there was any water or liquid on the floor and i told them i honestly didn't go back to check. should they pay more than just dental bills?

HomeGuru

TXMOM4 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.
this incident happened at a McDonald's located inside a Wal-Mart.

my 4 year old son stepped up on the bottom rung of a railing used to keep people back from the ordering line. he slipped on the bottom rail and went head first over the top rail.

**A: if the railing is the same type an size that I am aware of, if the child stepped and slipped on the bottom rail, the child would have landed on the ground rather than going over the top of the highest rail.

he smashed his mouth against the bottom rail in the fall. there was a lot of blood and screaming. there was no supervisor on duty. a dentist took care of my son for about an hour inside the McDonald's.

**A: where did the dentist come from?

a supervisor called me later to see what happened.

when x-rays were taken 3 days later, his 2 front teeth had to be extracted because they were too badly damaged. he was fitted with a space maintainer since he won't get his front teeth for about 3 years.

a claim representative from McDonald's called me to get the story and then sent medical authorization release forms which i signed and sent back.

**A: what else did you sign and did you read what you signed?

that was 3 months ago. i have not been contacted since.

**A: what have you been waiting for?

should i contact McDonald's and ask them to pay the dental bills?

**A: you may.

they asked me if there was any water or liquid on the floor and i told them i honestly didn't go back to check.

**A: if the child slipped on the railing rather than the floor, this is a moot issue.

should they pay more than just dental bills?

**A: no.

HomeGuru

stephenk said:
what is your theory that McDonald's is responsible to pay any of the dental bills?
**A: stephenk, I think it is the urban legend of the multi-billion dollar settlement over the hot coffee on the lap case.
I don't know how many times I have seeing little kids unattended, horse playing and running around chasing each other inside a fast food restaurant. Then when they fall and get hurt the parents want to sue the restaurant. Hmmmmmm, maybe I can get Happy Meals for life if I sue.

mandy7181

I think that multi million dollar law suit against McDonalds over a cup of coffee was stupid.

1) any 3 year old knows coffee is hot. Thats about as elementary as knowing your ABC's

2) What idiot places a cup of coffee where it can tip over on your lap---thats what cup holders were designed for

Now mcdonalds coffee cup lids make my list of stupid warning labels... Caution...May be Hot( well no sh**)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">