• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son rear-ended by drunk driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gvbragg

What is the name of your state? Texas
My son who is 17, 15 yr old daughter & 15 yr old friend were rear-ended by a young lady 24 who was drunk and also told him she had cocaine in the car. My suburban sustained minimal damage, and her insurance company has already fixed the vehicle for me and provided a rental car in the process. Now, my son has been supeoned {probably not spelled correctly} to appear in court during school hours for the state of Texas against the young woman. Should I have asked more now for than the repairs of my auto since he is going to have to go thru this experience and miss school, besides my husband & I missing work to be there also? No one was injured thankfully, and I have not signed off with her insurance company saying I'm totally satisfied. I do know she has an attorney though.

Lynx 36

Quote: "Should I have asked more now for than the repairs of my auto since he is going to have to go thru this experience and miss school, besides my husband & I missing work to be there also?"

OK, now that I'm done laughing. Who are you going to ask? It's not the insurance companies problem their insured was charged w/ cocaine. This is a drug charge, the insurance company has nothing to do w/ that. They did what they were supposed to do. Which was to fix your car. This is a charge that was filed by the state of TX, and since your son was a witness, the state is requiring him to testify in this case.

Since when did American citizens need money to do what should be their duty in the first place? Then again, you probably aren't American citizens.

Quote: "I have not signed off with her insurance company saying I'm totally satisfied."

Nor will her insurance company ask you to. They could care less.

gvbragg

I am an American!!!

100% American, 100% White American...Thank you!

I plan on him doing what is right by testifying because I don't want this drunk driver to have the opportunity to maybe kill the next 3 teens she rear-ends!!! Their insured was not only driving drunk while on cocaine or at least having it in her possession, which she confessed to my son but also following too closely. I guess you have never had one of your children hit by a drunk driver. I believe she is responsible for her actions!!!

Lynx 36

Quote: "I guess you have never had one of your children hit by a drunk driver."

You didn't say she was charged w/ DUI. Just cocaine.

No, and it will never happen either. I hate kids, and don't plan on having any. I prefer lot's of money, instead of wasting it raising the bunch of disrespectful brats that most parents raise today.

Quote: "I believe she is responsible for her actions!!!"

I agree. But what does this have to do w/ her insurance company giving you money f/ taking junior to court to testify on a state charge.

gvbragg

I did say..

I did say she was driving drunk and had cocaine in the car with her in my original post. I'm sorry you don't see kids as a joy as I do. I'm fortunate to have very good children. You are correct that most of them are ungrateful, all depends on how they are raised.
Being this is my first experience with an accident of this sort, I wasn't sure of what the insurance company was responsible for. That is why I asked the question. But I could sue her, correct? I'm asking honestly here for advice.

Last edited:
Lynx 36 said:
No, and it will never happen either. I hate kids, and don't plan on having any. I prefer lot's of money, instead of wasting it raising the bunch of disrespectful brats that most parents raise today.
Ummmm.....did you have a bad experience w/ kids or something??? :(

Hey thanks for clarifying that not only you are you American, you're white too. Does this get you some kind of benefit those of us unlucky enough to be saddled with some extra skin pigment aren't privy to in the car insurance world?

FroggerGirl said:
Hey thanks for clarifying that not only you are you American, you're white too. Does this get you some kind of benefit those of us unlucky enough to be saddled with some extra skin pigment aren't privy to in the car insurance world?
I'm American too.......100% African American and female if it matters :D

Lynx 36

Quote: "But I could sue her, correct?"

Sure, anyone can sue anybody f/ almost anything. What are you going to sue her for?

By the way I'm 100% European American. Or I could be callled an Irish American. Or maybe German American. How bout Irish/German American. Male if it matters.

Naaah, I think I'll just call myself an American as I was born here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">