• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son throws rock at school...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PSolano27

What is the name of your state? California
My 8 yr old son was let out of school and was waiting with my other 3 sons out in the parking lot where parents drive in to pick up their kids.
My son stated that he was picking up rocks and was tossing them at a tree when one of the rocks he threw hit a teachers brand new van and dented the hood. ( $ 765.00)
Her insurance is threatening us and sent us a letter demanding to know our auto insurance carrier. My question: Is my car insurance liable for this damage or are we to pay out of pocket , does home owners insurance cover this, is the schools insurance liable... or other..??? (( we are in a chapter 13 and dont have the extra cash to dish out for this matter at this time))
Please help...:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PSolano27 said:
What is the name of your state? California
My 8 yr old son was let out of school and was waiting with my other 3 sons out in the parking lot where parents drive in to pick up their kids.
My son stated that he was picking up rocks and was tossing them at a tree when one of the rocks he threw hit a teachers brand new van and dented the hood. ( $ 765.00)
Her insurance is threatening us and sent us a letter demanding to know our auto insurance carrier. My question: Is my car insurance liable for this damage or are we to pay out of pocket , does home owners insurance cover this, is the schools insurance liable... or other..??? (( we are in a chapter 13 and dont have the extra cash to dish out for this matter at this time))
Please help...:confused:

My response:

Turn the matter over to your vehicle insurance company. They will handle it - - presuming you have the proper coverage.

IAAL

racer72

Your home owners insurance will probably be more help that your car insurance. None of your vehicles were involved so there is no liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">