• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sons accident caused by a drunk driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

criley

My son was in an accident about a month ago. A drunk driver pulled out in front of him. There was a witness and three other passsangers in the car at the time. My son wasn't hurt badly but the driver of the car was. (he's going to be fine) The problem is that the driver of the car wasn't the owner of the car and not only was he drunk but he also did not have a liscense. Their insurance company first tried to tell us that they denied the claim because the owner of the car gave them a statement stating that he did not give the driver permission to drive his car and he's not sure why he was in his car. Well the only problem with his statement is that the owner was in the car at the time of the accident!!! Now they are saying that they are not liable because the owner might have known the driver didn't have a license and therefore they are still not liable. We have insurance but don't want to make a claim against it because my son was in an accident a few months back that was his fault and our insurance went up a lot!!! Would the other insurance company be liable if the car was insured? It's been a month and we've been patient. We've paid for my son to go to the doctors etc. all we want is our car fixed. Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">