• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's car rear ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randy copeland

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My son's car was rear ended and subsequently totaled by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. My son's car was a 1989 Chevy Corsica. It was mechanically sound and the body good. The other person's insurance company is offering us about $900.00 in compensation. This is not enough money to replace this car. Do I have any options for pursuing additional compensation?

Happy Trails

randy copeland said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My son's car was rear ended and subsequently totaled by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. My son's car was a 1989 Chevy Corsica. It was mechanically sound and the body good. The other person's insurance company is offering us about $900.00 in compensation. This is not enough money to replace this car. Do I have any options for pursuing additional compensation?
The cost of replacing the car is not what the insurance company pays.

The insurance company is only going to pay you what the actual cash value (ACV) prior to the accident.

Your vehicle's actual cash value is what your car is worth on the open market before the accident. It is determined by comparison to similar vehicles in the same condition as yours or by a pricing service that has information about auto prices in the local market. Condition, equipment and mileage are taken into consideration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">