• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sons injured by dog, but I get sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dak98362

My 4 yr old son was injured from a dog bite.He and his older brother(9yrs) and 2 friends(10&12 yrs) went to into another friends fenced yard to play,this is where the dog was.They all went into the house so the owner was aware that they were there.My son and another then go outside to leave and the dog who was eating at the time preceded to attacked my son with little warning taking a good size chunk out of his ankle.The police contained the dog and were to put it down after the time elapsed.The owner, of the dog is somewhat disabled,lives off ssi and on a reservation in washington state.It was these reasons that I decided not to sue although there is considerable damage to my sons ankle.Today I get a notice saying me, the defendent, as well as chief of police are being sued for false statments as to what happened?No control of dog,dog running loose,no shots ect..and says he,the owner was asleep when this all happened whice I know to be false.My question, should I counter sue and what are my chances of winning knowing his disabilities and circumtance.Also,will it make a difference with the incident happenning on tribal land?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">