• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son's workman comp. hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Billings

My son was injured on the job while working for a contracting company. The incident happened on the property of the comunications company that the man contracted jobs from. My son had a knee injury and concussion which put him out of work several days. My son's bossman in front of witnesses said he had insurance and my son wouldn't have to worry about the bills. He even gave the hospital his insurance info. and later the same day called and cancelled it. We found this out 2 days later when my son made a return visit to the hospital by the lady that takes the ins. information. Then he began to promise my son that he would take care of the bills and at first my son believed him and kept working for him. Later when my son's boss man fired one of the other workers which put my son out of a job as well he still promised to pay the bills but to this day he has never paid a cent. We are scheduled to have a hearing with the Industrial Comm. in a few weeks. My main concern is we can not find a lawyer that will take this case or even advise us because all we want are the bills pd. therefore a lawyer will not make much money on this case. In the mean time we are needing to know if there anything we need to be doing to prepare for this hearing. The hospital is mailing my son's medical records to him to take to court with us and all of the witnesses have agreed to come to court, but since we are basically on our own we are wondering if there is anything else we need to be doing to be ready for this case. We are not lawyer minded and don't have a clue what we are doing, therefore we need all the help we can can. If anyone has any advice please respond. The court date is Aug. 22 adn I have been trying several mths. just to get advice with no luck. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

------------------
Billings

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">