• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sorting through claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tanya717

What is the name of your state?Washington. About two years ago i was in an accident. the driver of the other car rearended me on highway 99 at around midnight totaling my car. When it came time to contact the other drivers company about the claim...i turned the task over to my father who has more experience with legal matters and was the pervious owner of the car before signing it over to me. After debating with my father over a settlement for over a year on and off the claims adjuster stops returing my father calls and closed the case saying that because he wasn't the owner the company didn't need to speak with him. i am now attemping to take care of this case myself but am confused about my rights...what does it mean when they "close" a case without settleing it or contacting the owner and has the value of the car gone down because of the amount of time passed. what would be the best wording to use when contacting the claims adjuster? thank you

teflon_jones

First of all, do everything in writing certified mail return receipt requested (CMRRR). You should contact them and ask for the disposition of claim/case # XXXXXX. Your father is free to negotiate this on your behalf so the claims adjuster should not have closed the case. You can also contact the BBB, your state's insurance board, and the state attorney general.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">