• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sounds rediculous to me, but.............

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

golfer2

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My son was playing golf and sliced a ball over the fence along the fairway. His ball bounced off the sidewalk and struck the windshield of an oncoming car, breaking the windshield. The course has no fence along this fairway so the owner of the car approached my son who is 20 yrs old. He was irate and demanded payment for his windshield. That didn't happen. My son spoke with the proshop manager and got nowhere. This happened several days ago and the car owner has been calling ddaily demanding his 300.00 At first, I was willing to split the difference, but he wanted none of that. He said my son was responsible for the entire thing. At this point, I am ready to tell him to go to hell. I tried being nice, but.........my question is, IS my son responsible for damages? Is the golf course since there was no screen along the road fairwy? or is it just one of those things?

Thanks

HomeGuru

golfer2 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

My son was playing golf and sliced a ball over the fence along the fairway. His ball bounced off the sidewalk and struck the windshield of an oncoming car, breaking the windshield. The course has no fence along this fairway so the owner of the car approached my son who is 20 yrs old. He was irate and demanded payment for his windshield. That didn't happen. My son spoke with the proshop manager and got nowhere. This happened several days ago and the car owner has been calling ddaily demanding his 300.00 At first, I was willing to split the difference, but he wanted none of that. He said my son was responsible for the entire thing. At this point, I am ready to tell him to go to hell. I tried being nice, but.........my question is, IS my son responsible for damages? Is the golf course since there was no screen along the road fairwy? or is it just one of those things?

Thanks
**A: the vehicie owner must file with his own insurance and then his company will go after the golf course. The golf course insurance should pay. The driver of the car does not want to file with his insurance company.

G

golfer2

Thanks HomeGuru

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">