• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in NY State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcamaj

What is the name of your state? New York.
Got a speeding ticket (84/55 speed limit) more than 3-1/2 years ago. Pleaded not guilty. Now i received a notice to appear at the court. This is the only ticket i got and don't know what are my chances in court.
Should i get an lawyer or not?
Your advise will be helpfull.
Thank you

P

ProResearch

If this is the only ticket you've ever received, then I would just go ahead and pay it. Hiring an attorney and possibly getting it reduced down, you'll pay more.

I got my first-ever speeding ticket in 1999 (41 in a 30 - going downhill no less).... I checked with an attorney I worked with and he said he could get it reduced to lesser, non-moving charge but it would cost like 3 times as much for that than it was to just go ahead and pay the ticket. I paid $72 I remember. The lesser charge would have been around $300. HA.

My car insurance did not go up either, which was the big thing I was worried about. But if it is the first, that apparently helps.

Good luck on your decision!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">