• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket in Pennsylvaina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

silver10

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvaina...I received a speeding ticket 16 miles over the post sign. I was not going that fast...the police officer would not answer my questions. the ticket will give me 4 points ...is it worth fighting...in court

HomeGuru

silver10 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvaina...I received a speeding ticket 16 miles over the post sign. I was not going that fast...the police officer would not answer my questions. the ticket will give me 4 points ...is it worth fighting...in court

**A: how fast were you going at what was the posted speed limit? What questions did you pose to the officer?

S

silver10

reply to speeding ticket

I was going about 40 in a posted 35 mile zone. going down a steep hill riding the brake. I ask the cop why he stopped me and he said I want to know who I am speaking to first...then he ask me for my drivers licence and reg for the car. I gave him the info he walked away and wrote up a ticket. he then told me i was going 51 in a 35 mile zone and to sign the ticket...and the rest is history...

K

Kaz the Minotau

Was it a State Trooper or local officer? If you go to court the officer will show up with his/her device accuracy certificates and his/her training certificate. "I was going down a hill riding the brake", in my experience, has NEVER been enough for the magistrate to enter a not guilty verdict. There is a world of difference between 40 mph and 51. As fas as wanting your license/registration/insurance before any discussion takes place, that is normal and most officers do that. The device used is indicated on the citation.

Last edited:
S

silver10

it was a speed gun and I have two witnesses that were in the car stating that I was not going 51..the SUV on the incline and the curve would be in a ditch...if I were going that fast...:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">