• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse exclusion ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

impalass

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband has a bad driving record , he does have a valid drivers liscence and one of the restrictions on it is that he can only drive a vehicle with auomatic transmission and adaptive equipment and this is because he is completely paralyzed from his chest. Logically he cannot physically drive my 5 speed '92 240 sx (and from the restrictions on his license he is not licensed to drive my car) however when shopping for insurance all seem to say that my husband MUST be on the policy , because of his record I find myself paying over $1100 a year for liability insurance only on a 1992 nissan 240sx. I have a perfect driving record with not a single accident/claim I know I am paying too much but how do I go about to have my spouse excluded from my policy ??? Can this even be done ???

Z

zappy

So whats wrong with paying $1100 per year on a sports car, with a potential dangerous driver?

Or you could divorce Him...no kidding, they cant make you put him on your insurance if you are not married, unless he is on the title to the car.

so consider the $1100 a year insurance, a marriage penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">