• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sr 22

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ienke

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
I am in South Carolina currently but received a DUI in Virginia in September 2000. I have had insurance and filed an SR 22 in South Carolina. I would like to know how long I have to file an SR 22 for insurance - I believe it is 3 years - but may be 5. I have looked everywhere for this information and cannot find it. What are the SR-22 filing requirements(how long must I file)for Virginia?
Thanks for any information.

Last edited:

I

ienke

Didn't ask my insurance agent yet - wanted to update my status online with my insurance agency and wanted to be absolutely sure it was 3 years and not 5 before I did it.

Tayla

Two possible avenues can be taken to seek the required information. 1: Your State Department should have a site . Try there. Most states have a regulatory Insurance department.
2: State Department of Motor Vehicles would be another.

Just a suggestion :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">