• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SR22 problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grllouise

What is the name of your state? Washington

I recieved a ticket for DWLS 3 for failure to carry SR22 on my insurance. I in fact have had the SR22 since I was required to carry it 2 years ago. I have been paying to have this on my insurance since. When I spoke to my insurance company they agree and have no Idea as to why the DOL does not have it recorded. I am going to court and will likely not get this dropped, thought I have all the proof. I have to wait 2 weeks to get a new license.
Plus attorney fees. What are my options?

moburkes

grllouise said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I recieved a ticket for DWLS 3 for failure to carry SR22 on my insurance. I in fact have had the SR22 since I was required to carry it 2 years ago. I have been paying to have this on my insurance since. When I spoke to my insurance company they agree and have no Idea as to why the DOL does not have it recorded. I am going to court and will likely not get this dropped, thought I have all the proof. I have to wait 2 weeks to get a new license.
Plus attorney fees. What are my options?

Have you had a lapse in coverage from the requirement date, til now, even if it was for 1 or 2 days? Can you ask for a copy of all of the SR22s that have been issued for you to verify the coverage dates? Did the ticket show the date of the missing SR22? Call the DMV ask ask what dates are missing, then match it up with your paperwork. Not sure if WA is online with insurance companies.
What makes you think it won't get dropped if your proof is sufficient? DMVs make mistakes, and so do insurance companies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">