• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalling on the part of insurance company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vasu20

Maryland. A woman hit my car and had no insurance card or drivers license on her but provided the name of her insurance company and does have a driver's license. We also noted down her tag number. Unfortunately, I did not call the cops for witness. Anyway, we have been dealing with her insurance company for over a month now and they are excruciatingly slow. They have both of our recorded statements but now they're telling us that they are still trying to "verify" if the woman's car is insured with them - which we cannot understand. Meanwhile, we're driving around the dented car. What's our legal recourse here? Because this seems like it could go on forever. Who can we sue and do we have a legal basis here at all, given the lack of a witness? Is it worth suing or is it better to continue being patient. Also, we're reluctant to involve our insurance company because we're afraid it could jack up our premium for no fault of ours. Please provide suggestions and many thanks in advance.

E

Earthman

vasu20,

I just updated the other thread, I don't know if any of the advice I've given there will be helpful or not - but things seem to be working out. I just wanted to remind you to be confident when dealing with the insurance people, because they seem most interested in tripping people up...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">