• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staph infection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

poppasmurf

On Aug 1, 2000 i underwent surgery to repair a ruptured disc L4/L5, i spent the night int he hospital, when returned to the room i was not put on oxygen, and when discharged was not given the standard lung volume test, normally required after intubation. 6 days later i had return to the doctor, and was diagnosed though blood test to have bactial pnuemonia. within the next couple of weeks the pain in my right leg intensified, along with horrible spasms in my lower back. a couple weeks later i could not lift my right leg to even get into bed. a visit to my PCP raised concerns that i may have ruptured L1/L2 by the coughing during my pnuemonia. he suggested a new MRI, which was done the following tuesday, the next morning they call and told me to come to the hospital promply, that it appeared that i had a staph infection and would require treatment in the hospital. 5 days in the hospital(which i was not charge a copay),a biopsy and PIC line later i was sent home an giving vancomycin 2X Day for six weeks at home. i now suffer more pain and less mobility than before surgery. i am in consent severe pain and on consent medication, to even make though the day. i can't sit for very long, and the only time the pain is bearable in when i have taken my medication an i am in bed. Question? in Florida due i have a possible claim against the Hospital?

[Edited by poppasmurf on 11-18-2000 at 02:55 PM]

C

clamdigger

I WOULD THINK YOU HAVE A CASE. BETTER MOVE ON IT THOUGH...STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS. SEE A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER.

P

PamSJS

I'm really having a lot of trouble with this.....how is it that so many people, especially orthopedic patients, are developing post-op staph infections!

Go immediately and get copies of your hospital records! Have them in your hands when you go to a P.I. attorney. Try and choose a lawyer who has experience with orthorpedic malpractice claims!

If I can help, please contact me!

PamSJS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">