• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitation on car accident need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jewlss3281

In august of 89 i was involved in an accident i dont really remember everything that happened except i ended up in the hospital. Well just recently the guy who i rear ended is trying to get info on where i live. I think he wants to sue me? what should i do? that was 11 years ago and now he is trying to find me is this right can he do this? what are my rights and how should i handle this im very confused. please help? im from california. please email me at [email protected]
thanxs julie

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jewlss3281:
In august of 89 i was involved in an accident i dont really remember everything that happened except i ended up in the hospital. Well just recently the guy who i rear ended is trying to get info on where i live. I think he wants to sue me? what should i do? that was 11 years ago and now he is trying to find me is this right can he do this? what are my rights and how should i handle this im very confused. please help? im from california. please email me at [email protected]
thanxs julie
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

California has a ONE year S.O.L. for injury and death actions. California has a 3 year S.O.L. for property damage claims. If he never filed a lawsuit within those time frames, he out of luck.

This is, of course, is assuming that he doesn't have a judgment against you already. That could have happened, you know. If that is the case, judgments in California are good for up to 20 years (that's right, 20 years). So, he may not be looking for you, necessarily. He's probably trying to locate your assets - - bank accounts, cars, real estate, etc. And, when he finds them - - - whooosh, everything's gone!!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">