• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitations Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

serher1

Does anyone know what the statue of limitation is on an auto accident claim in California? Fourteen months ago, I rearended a person who was on his cell phone and slamed on his brakes- fortunately it was less than a fender bender- no visible damage. Now an attorney representing his insurance is seeking damages for $8,000.00 to cover damages and physical pain. The attorney is threatening to sue for damages. I did not have insurance at the time (neither did he because he never offered proof of insurance nor did he ever have his insurance company contact me (we did exchange info). Now fourteen months later, he wants me to pay him for damages and pain. After the accident I requested to have opictures of his car and he refused. A lot can happen to his car in fourteen months. Any advise?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">