• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitations for a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cajunman

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My two sons were involved in a one vehicle accident. They were riding in the bed of a truck, I know..., the driver took a corner too fast and flipped. One of my sons was pinned beneath the truck resulting in a broken pelvis. The other was thrown clear and had minor cuts and bruises. The insurance adjuster tells me that the minors have only one year from the date of the accident to file a claim. I'm told by others that since they are minors the claim period if one year after they turn 18. Who is right?

racer72

The claims adjuster. They have one year after they turn 18 to file a lawsuit if an agreement with the insurance company cannot be made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">