• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stecordbzgt

What is the name of your state? texas
I just mainly have one question. back on aug 5th, 2002 I was involved in an automobile accident...that's currently being dealed with, but the question is that once xrays were taken, I found that I had an old fracture in my 5th lumbar, now I was involved in a couple of accidents prior a few years ago, I can find out exactly, but safe to say more than 2 years ago, and I have been told that the texas law for doctors is can't go back...but reading the local news in lubbock came accross a legal link...this was what i saw...When did the injury occur?

There are requirements for giving timely notice of your claim and/or "statutes of limitation" that require you to file suit within a certain time limit. These limits vary greatly state by state and by type of matter. If you don't give timely notice you forever lose your ability to obtain recovery.

NEVER JUST LOOK AT THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS AND CONCLUDE "THE TIME HAS EXPIRED, IT'S TOO LATE". There are many things that sometimes extend or "toll" the time limits, including a party's lack of knowledge of the facts and circumstances, lack of manifestation of the injury, false statements or fraud, or mental incapacity or infancy.

Well needless to say, I never knew of the fracture, I never used to hurt from my lower back, my current doctors says that that being missed was severe neglegence...all local lawyers, sd sorry, Now I am in alot of pain and basically feel hopeless. Just need to see if anything else can be done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">