• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rroyle30

I want to know what the statute of limitations are for Texas for injuries sustained in an automobile accident in the summer of 98. I dont know much about auto laws and after the accident me and two other girls went and talked to the same lawyer whom I thought was one representing the insurance co. of the car belonging to one of the other two girls. We were told to go to a physical therapist. There were no x-rays taken of any of our injuries and two weeks later the lawyer told us that both parties involved in the accident were at fault. He said he wouldnt represent us unless we filed suit against the guy that was driving our car. Not knowing if that was all there was to it I never pursued the matter any further. I have had constant back pain from my injuries ever since the accident and want to know if I can still sue the other driver or the insurance company that used to cover my friend for not representing us.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rroyle30 said:
I want to know what the statute of limitations are for Texas for injuries sustained in an automobile accident in the summer of 98. I dont know much about auto laws and after the accident me and two other girls went and talked to the same lawyer whom I thought was one representing the insurance co. of the car belonging to one of the other two girls. We were told to go to a physical therapist. There were no x-rays taken of any of our injuries and two weeks later the lawyer told us that both parties involved in the accident were at fault. He said he wouldnt represent us unless we filed suit against the guy that was driving our car. Not knowing if that was all there was to it I never pursued the matter any further. I have had constant back pain from my injuries ever since the accident and want to know if I can still sue the other driver or the insurance company that used to cover my friend for not representing us.
My response:

" . . . Dont know much about auto laws", Don't know much about history, don't know much biology. Don't know much about a science book, don't know much about the French I took. But I do know that I love you, and I know that if you love me, too, what a wonderful world this would be."

Your statement made me think of that old song by Sam Cooke.

Anyway, bad news for you. Texas has a 2 year Statute of Limitations on Injury Accident and Negligence claims. You let your Limitations period go by, and now you are forever barred from ever making a claim.

In summary, it's all over for you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">