• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations on Hood Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shaynaciao

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

Just over two years ago, a friend took a flying, drunken leap onto the hood of my car. He dented it and scratched it. At the time, he promised to pay me, but of course he never did. I did not press the issue because it was an uncomfortable situation, but now I need to sell my car.

Is there a limit of time from the date of the incident for me take him to small claims court? He still refuses to pay now.

Thanks for your help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shaynaciao said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

Just over two years ago, a friend took a flying, drunken leap onto the hood of my car. He dented it and scratched it. At the time, he promised to pay me, but of course he never did. I did not press the issue because it was an uncomfortable situation, but now I need to sell my car.

Is there a limit of time from the date of the incident for me take him to small claims court? He still refuses to pay now.

Thanks for your help!

My response:

3 years from the date of damage.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">