• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations on subrogation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdtek

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Concerning the laws of Iowa specifically- Is the injured party's insurance company's statute of limitations on subrogating to recover underinsured motorist payments two years from the date of the acccident or two years from the date benefits were payed?

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pdtek said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

Concerning the laws of Iowa specifically- Is the injured party's insurance company's statute of limitations on subrogating to recover underinsured motorist payments two years from the date of the acccident or two years from the date benefits were payed?

Thanks

My response:

The word is "paid", not "payed". Did you go to school?

Anyway, it's 2 years from the date the insurance company pays for their insured's damages.

IAAL

pdtek

I walked right into that one, didn't eye?

Seems only right that free legal information should come complete with a wise-ass remark :)

I DO appreciate the reply. Thanks.

S

stanhoc

It is not your fault. There should be a spell check available, usually F7.
It doesn't exist on this site. It should. The fix is to write to a word processor, spell check it. Get it right, then cut and paste it to this site. Try and act professional whatever you do.
It is important. I use word, with its grammar check. Use Cntrl A, Cntrl C, and Cntrl V. It works fast. Use it even for e-mail.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">