• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations on suspended licenses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beegee119

I am a judgement debtor in a Massachusetts insurance claim, and my license was suspended. The accident happened in January 2001. Is there a set time that they can suspend my license or is it indefinite until the debt is paid? Thanks in advance for the help...

ecmst12

Your license will stay suspended until the judgement is paid, period. If you enter into a payment agreement with the other party, and they are satisfied that you will continue to pay in good faith, they can ask the DMV to restore your license. But if you fail to keep up with the payments, it will be suspended again and they probably won't allow it to be restored until they get all their money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">