• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations in Utah?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ryanells75

I was injured in a motorcycle accident in utah on 3/30/00. Someone pulled out in front of me and hit me. I sustained a lower back injury and went to the doctor and physical therapy. I was off work for about a month and went back to work and reinjured myself and was off for over a month again. The insurance co. was fairly good about paying my medical expenses and wage loss for time off after fighting with my injury adjuster on a daily basis. I work in a very physical job and my doctor even told me on many occasions to find a new profession. I have been holding off on settling because I still have lower back pain that limits what I can do on a daily basis. Luckily I have a understanding boss that lets me do other things if my back bothers me. I got tired of fighting with the insurance co. so I haven't had contact with them for a long time. I feel there is no price to put on having continuing back pain. I was wondering if I've waited too long and what the statute of limitations is on personal injury in Utah as far as pain and suffering and long term medical expenses, future wage loss etc....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ryanells75 said:
I was injured in a motorcycle accident in utah on 3/30/00. Someone pulled out in front of me and hit me. I sustained a lower back injury and went to the doctor and physical therapy. I was off work for about a month and went back to work and reinjured myself and was off for over a month again. The insurance co. was fairly good about paying my medical expenses and wage loss for time off after fighting with my injury adjuster on a daily basis. I work in a very physical job and my doctor even told me on many occasions to find a new profession. I have been holding off on settling because I still have lower back pain that limits what I can do on a daily basis. Luckily I have a understanding boss that lets me do other things if my back bothers me. I got tired of fighting with the insurance co. so I haven't had contact with them for a long time. I feel there is no price to put on having continuing back pain. I was wondering if I've waited too long and what the statute of limitations is on personal injury in Utah as far as pain and suffering and long term medical expenses, future wage loss etc....
My response:

Incredibly, Utah has a whopping 4 year Statute of Limitations for injury producing accidents, and 3 years for property damages.

Get an attorney and stop practicing law.

IAAL

R

ryanells75

Thanks for the advice. So it's not too late to obtain a lawyer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What took you so long? It's been 14 days since I responded to you - - you're still writing to this Board, and you "still" haven't seen an attorney as of this date ?

What do you need, a written invitation ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">