• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statuute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homertjbsr

maine - my wife was rear-ended by another driver and suffered a whip-lash injury almost a year ago. is there a statute of limitations on this accident? she still suffers head and neck pain. what should she seek for a settlement?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

homertjbsr said:
maine - my wife was rear-ended by another driver and suffered a whip-lash injury almost a year ago. is there a statute of limitations on this accident? she still suffers head and neck pain. what should she seek for a settlement?
My response:

Incredibly, Maine has a 6 year Statute of Limitations for both injuries and property damage; e.g., auto repair claims.

The reason I say "incredibly" is that when you compare Maine's S.O.L. to California's, which is 1 year for injuries and 3 years for property damages, you can easily see how we, in California, are required to "rush" matters - - whether or not a person is done medically treating.

She should still be seeing a doctor if she's having pain. There is no way for us to tell you how much her case / claim is worth. Please see a Personal Injury attorney to go over her particular details.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">