• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepped foot.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksablancas

In California. I was walking in a parking lot to my car from the store when a driver backed-up with his car and stepped on my foot,
I screamed, and was hurt, one of my toe was broken.
I know the driver did not do this on purpose and that it was an accident. Is his auto insurance liable for this? And for how much could they be liable?
Is there a way I can settle this myself , or should I get advice from a lawyer?

Thank you.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes accidents happen. But driver is liable -- a reasonable person would have seen you and not backed into your foot.

Hence, you contact an attorney to make a claim against this guy's insurance company and him (always customary to name both in the suit). Then insurance company and your lawyer will use your medical bills and pain and suffering to come to a figure.

Try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">