• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen car wrecked, now being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jny

Hello,

I am from southren California, and recently had my car stolen. Some kids took it for a joy ride and wrecked into two parked cars. The car was reported stolen prior to the accident taking place.

I have full comprehensive insurance, but one of the parked cars that was hit did not have insurance (the owner let the payment laps, and the insurance company canceled the coverage).

Because it was a stolen car, my insuracne company would not pay for any of their coverage.

I am now being sued for damages to the car and God knows what else (apperantly, he only has one car to go to work and now he is stuck, I wonder if he is going to sue me for lost wages).

Does any one have experinece in this type of situation? Any advice?

Litigation!

jny said:
Hello,

I am from southren California, and recently had my car stolen. Some kids took it for a joy ride and wrecked into two parked cars. The car was reported stolen prior to the accident taking place.

I have full comprehensive insurance, but one of the parked cars that was hit did not have insurance (the owner let the payment laps, and the insurance company canceled the coverage).

Because it was a stolen car, my insuracne company would not pay for any of their coverage.

I am now being sued for damages to the car and God knows what else (apperantly, he only has one car to go to work and now he is stuck, I wonder if he is going to sue me for lost wages).

My response:

Your insurance company STILL has a duty to defend you. The Plaintiff will lose. You are not liable for the criminal acts of others.

IAAL

mlk1978

jny said:
Hello,

Who cares what they say... you pay for the coverage, they have a signed contract with you stating that they will defend you in any hearings arrising out of the result of a claim. The other guys probobly isnt going to win anyway. And if he does I hardly think the judge is going to make you pay it. They will probobly make your company pay it. The other guy may end of having to sue the theifs for their money and not you. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">