• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen vehicle and impound

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lennyh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
My car was stolen after the insurance expired. The suspect totalled my car after a police pusuit and was never caught. An officer told me it was gonna held for prints, was gonna be impounded, and he was gonna call me when it was ready to get picked up. I filled out a form, "vehicle impound hearing rights" after i didn't receive a call and they waived the amount for the first 10 days that it was in the impound. my question is: do i really have to pay to get it out when it was stolen even if the suspect was never in custody? is there another way around that? i don't have the money to pay for it and it's a new car. the finance company will not help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

My car was stolen after the insurance expired. The suspect totalled my car after a police pusuit and was never caught. An officer told me it was gonna held for prints, was gonna be impounded, and he was gonna call me when it was ready to get picked up. I filled out a form, "vehicle impound hearing rights" after i didn't receive a call and they waived the amount for the first 10 days that it was in the impound. my question is: do i really have to pay to get it out when it was stolen even if the suspect was never in custody? is there another way around that? i don't have the money to pay for it and it's a new car. the finance company will not help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
yes you do. i know, i had my car stolen as well. not once, but twice. in the same week. and i had to pay the impound fees both times. first one, guy and girl were caught, i was granted restitution. second time, (it was the female this time, but no proof) no conviction and i had to pay the fees again.

HomeGuru

**A: yes you pay and if a new car pay for insurance or don't drive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">