• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Vehicle and Insurance forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DELOWE

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

My vehicle was stolen and the insurance company is asking me to complete forms giving them the right to access my personal data (creditors, job history and etc.) in order for them to process my claim. I feel this is a violation of my consumer protection rights and I informed the insurance company that I will not complete those forms.

I understand they are trying to prove financial motive. My car is worth less than $7,500. I have given them a recorded statement and I have filed a police report. It has been less than 15 days and my car hasn't been recovered! I have been a customer for over 10 years with no claims.

What are my rights as a insured driver and a consumer? :mad:

tammy8

Your rights are to answer and provide all needed data to settle your claim. This is standard with most insurance companies. If you don't, then they DON'T have to pay.

D

DELOWE

Isn't the operative word "needed data". I have witnesses that know my car stopped on me. Wouldn't it be better to contact witnessess and try to find out what happened to my car instead of requesting that I complete all of this paperwork?

tammy8

What do you have to hide? You said something about needed data and proof of financial motive, well seems you don't want to give them the "needed data" to prove that you had NO "financial motive". Keep stalling and the company will have the fraud unit on you so fast it will make your head spin and you will be waiting forever irregardless of if the claim is valid or not.

Your choice.

LK.

Every major insurance claim is investigated...whether one realizes it or not. Investigations of accidents are easy because wrecked cars have lots of physical evidence that correspond to the story.

Stolen cars don't have the same evidence, and many stolen car claims are fraudulent.

It's best to cooperate with your insurance company to expedite processing of your claim. No one is saying that the insurance won't pay your claim if you have a couple of oh-no's on your credit.

But be honest with your insurance carrier - insurance fraud is a felony in many cases.

josie1

stolen vehicle and insurance forms

Guess I'm reading between the lines! The car stopped on you? and then was stolen? you have witness's that it stopped on you?

Where was it stolen from? How about the rest of the story?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">