• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Sign Collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

asuber

New Jersey (Union Cty) - I ran a Stop Sign at 8:30 a.m. that was completely unnoticeable and crashed with another vehicle. I was shaken up because there was a mother and child in the other vehicle. I called the police who did not
note the faulty traffic signal in his report. Forturnately, no injuries, but well over $4,000 in damages to both vehicles. I have filed a complaint against the City for negligence without a lawyer (this sign is on the corner of a Playground). The City has answered citing statues claiming no responsiblilty, although they have replaced the sign. I have photographs and records of everything. The damages I have claimed are the deductible, lost wages, projected insurance increase, legal fees, etc.
I have a court date for April 4, 2001. Can anyone give me any information or advise on how to proceed.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Are you in civil court or small claims???

Basically, show them the City has since fixed the stop sign. This is not to show negiglence on their part, but feasibility of putting a better one up/ownership and control of the safety of that area.

I suggest you also try this site's live chat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">