• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Sign Runner/ 1st Accident!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sace

What is the name of your state?

I am located in the state of California.

I was on my way home from work when a call pulls out of nowhere. I had the right of way, when a car who had a stop sign comes out from my right thinking that I had a stop sign as well. By the time the other vehicle realized that I didn't have a stop sign and I had slammed on my brakes I had hit her rear end causing her car to spin out in the middle of the road. The police immediately came out and took a report of what happened.

I know that I had the right of way and I was going the appropriate speed limit, however it was the mistake of the other driver for going when they in fact had a stop sign.

I am a bit frustrated because my deductible is extremely high and I can not afford to pay for my car to be reapaired. My car is no longer driveable due to the accident. Is there any way to go after the person who ignored the stop sign which caused me to hit them?

This is my first accident and I am not sure how to handle the situation. Can anyone please give me feedback on how to handle this type of situation with my high deductible and undriveable car????

Thanks in advance....

racer72

The first thing you should do is contact the other party's insurance company. Unless the other driver was uninsured, you may not even have to involve your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">