• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop at stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnson1

What is the name of your state? California

Hello, I was driving and I stopped at a stop light and let off my sons friends at the park and when one of the kids were opening the door, a biker hit his shoulder and had to go to therapy hes fine but now he is trying to sue me, i had full cover insurance, but the thing is i dont have any money at all and i am renting an apartment, and am unemployed? what would he sue?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? California

Hello, I was driving and I stopped at a stop light and let off my sons friends at the park and when one of the kids were opening the door, a biker hit his shoulder and had to go to therapy hes fine but now he is trying to sue me, i had full cover insurance, but the thing is i dont have any money at all and i am renting an apartment, and am unemployed? what would he sue?
Turn it over to your insurance company. They will provide your defense.

CdwJava

You are not supposed to be opening doors in the traffic lanes or in front of traffic - even bicyclists. Chances are you will be liable for the damages. Consult your insurer.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">