• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped by a cop. (Interesting story)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nclawrduc

On this morning, an unmarked car, dark green in color, 4-doored Altima (not really sure of the manufacturer but it had the shape of an Altima) passed me and moved in front of me at the last minute.

I did not hit the car, but was very close to its bumper at a light. We both were turning right on a green light when the unmarked car put on its breaks seemingly to make me hit it from the rear.

Not wanting to cause road rage, I passed the car on the wrong side of the road and quickly moved ahead of it and went to the next stop light. Unfortunately, I look up to see a blue light flashing in this car. It is a policemen.

The policeman pulls me over and asks, "Where is the fire?" I made no reply. The policeman asked me whether or not I would like to go to jail. "You know that I can take you to jail," he said. The policeman said that I ought to be glad that he was in a hurry and couldn't write me a ticket. He was answering a call about "a man beating on his girlfriend." He didn't even call it a domestic violence call.

The policeman never asked me for my license or registration. He asked my name and where I lived. I did give him accurate information. The policeman, however, wrote the information on his hand with an ink pen!!! After taking down the information the policeman remarked that I would see him again soon. He then drove away. I did not get a ticket.

What does this mean? Can he retaliate? Is it legal if he comes to my apartment door? Should I be concerned.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this matter.

Best,

JAK (NC)

L

LadyFable

Did this man at any time show you his police badge? If not, how do you know that he is even a cop? If the blue light was on the inside of his car, anyone can purchase those lights. I doubt he was a policeman. I would watch your back.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">