• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Strict proof" of damage to my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ELZ002

What is the name of your state? AZ

I was involved in a car accident and I filed a civil law suit. In the answer sent to me by the defendent's attorney, he asked for "strict proof" of his client damaging my car. How should I prove this? I drove my car home after the accident (it was drivable but in bad shape). I rented a car the next morning. After spending three weeks dealing with the defendent's insurance with no results, I took the car to the repair shop and got an estimate. I took a picture of my car and let them start repair work. The car is repaired now. How do I prove that the defendent damaged my car? Thanks for your advice.

Happy Trails

ELZ002 said:
What is the name of your state? AZ

I was involved in a car accident and I filed a civil law suit. In the answer sent to me by the defendent's attorney, he asked for "strict proof" of his client damaging my car. How should I prove this? I drove my car home after the accident (it was drivable but in bad shape). I rented a car the next morning. After spending three weeks dealing with the defendent's insurance with no results, I took the car to the repair shop and got an estimate. I took a picture of my car and let them start repair work. The car is repaired now. How do I prove that the defendent damaged my car? Thanks for your advice.
**What did your insurance company tell you?

ELZ002

The accident was not our fault. We were driving through a green light and the defendent made a sudden left turn at the intersection and her car collided with our car. Since we didn't buy collision insurance, my insurance company is not doing anything. We are suing the defendent.

stephenk

is the request for "strict proof" posed only as a question to be answered or as a question requesting photos, repair estimates, etc?

ELZ002

It is in the Answer written by the Defendent's attorney. Also, what do I the Plantiff have to do with the "Affirmative Defenses" that he stated in the Answer to my Complain?

rmet4nzkx

ELZ002 said:
It is in the Answer written by the Defendent's attorney. Also, what do I the Plantiff have to do with the "Affirmative Defenses" that he stated in the Answer to my Complain?
You need to combine your two threads, OOPS make that 3 threads!!! and YOU need to get an attorney, Tomorrow morning! That is why you don't have answers to these questions.
:eek:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">