• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student Truck Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Georgia

My friend was in truck driving school and taking the skills test for his CDL (he has his CDL permit). While backing up during the test with the school truck, he hit another parked truck.
Now the school wants to drop him as well as the truck company that is paying for half of his tuition. The contract says his fees are due upon graduation.

What exactly is he liable for ? The accident ? The tuition ? If the school tries to bill him for both, how does he handle that ?

ecmst12

Sounds to me like he owes it all, but he will have to go over the paperwork he signed when he started the program. The answers are most likely there.

All it says on his paperwork is that the tuition becomes payable two weeks after graduation. If he never graduates from that school, does he still owe ? By the way, the school terminated him verbally. Does this mean they broke the contract ?

seniorjudge

All it says on his paperwork is that the tuition becomes payable two weeks after graduation. If he never graduates from that school, does he still owe ? By the way, the school terminated him verbally. Does this mean they broke the contract ?

Read your papers again.

I suspect it says if you have a wreck, you are through.

But talk to the school.

What did they tell you?

Read your papers again.

I suspect it says if you have a wreck, you are through.

But talk to the school.

What did they tell you?
the contract says nothing about it. He talked to the school. They want him to pay for the wreck. But he was a student, so why would he be responsible ?

xylene

What about insurance?

What policies were in place.

Don't confuse the tution and the damage.

He could well owe the tuition, but I just don't see how the insurance would not cover him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">