• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subrigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Fl

Had a wreck several months ago. Short version... stopped at a red light in left turning lane...light turned green..looked across to the four lanes of traffic where three of the inside lanes had stopped...Proceeded to turn taking at least 4-5 seconds to make a large turn...I crossed in front of the three lanes that had stopped then a van came roaring thru the 4th lane and t-boned and totalled my vehicle.

she says her light was green, a witness following her said the light was green(later recanted to insurance companies and did not show up in court) and my witnesses(who went to court) said she ran the red light. Cop was having a bad day cause he wrote me the ticket because of her witness..

Court eventually found me not guilty and the policeman who wrote me the ticket apologized afterward saying he believed me but wrote it because of the first witness.

Now for insurance. Her insurance is hanging onto the policemans first report of charging me. My insurance believed me and is going after her insurance believing and now knowing the cop made an error. Her insurance wont pay and now they go to subrigation(SP).

HOw does subrigation work and will I possibly be reimbursed for medical issues that my insurance did not pay. Can I go after her for equity loss in the total of my vehicle. Will I have to sue her separately. Does subrigation take this into consideration or is it just to pay back my insurance for their up front costs.

violetb

Subrogation

Subrogation is when the insurance company wants to be reinbursed for what they paid out. For instance if they paid 8000 in medical bills for you in some states the insurance company can ask for that back if you receive money from the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">