• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subrogation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenni

I live in Texas. I have just received a notice of subrogation for $1275.00 due to an accident I had. My insurance had lapsed so I was uninsured. The sub. agency said I had 3 days to pay the entire amount in full, or my license would be revoked.Is this true? Would I have to go to court? Or be sued? How does subrogation work? I am willing to pay for the damages, but I can't pay it all at once!If i pay it after my licence is revoked, can I get my license back? Please help!

ALawyer

Wow. As I am not a TX lawyer this is really very general.

I have never heard of a subrogation claim that would result in the loss of a license unless paid within 3 days.

A subrogation claim is generally brought by an insurance company and last time I looked, insurance companies do not have the right to pull a license. The state does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">