• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subrogation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenni

To ALAWYER...
Do I have to retain a lawyer or can I just get legal advice? I know that it runs around $2500.00 to retain a lawyer in Dallas. If you could refer me to a Texas attorney, that would be great! I am running out of time- please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jenni said:
To ALAWYER...
Do I have to retain a lawyer or can I just get legal advice? I know that it runs around $2500.00 to retain a lawyer in Dallas. If you could refer me to a Texas attorney, that would be great! I am running out of time- please help.

My response:

I read your earlier post, concerning the $1,250.00 in damages you admit to causing.

You may still lose your license for 30 days. A report was, I'm sure, made to the State Insurance Commission, and they are the one's who'll yank your license, and fine you, for not having insurance. Not much, if anything, you can do about that.

Okay, you shouldn't need an attorney to do the following:

Call the company that is asking you for the money. Negotiate a lower pay-back amount - - I would recommend offering a starting figure of $500.00 for payment in full, and have them work it up to something below the $1,250.00. You may wind up going back and forth on the final amount both of you can live with. Once you've settled on an amount with them, then tell them you need, as part of the agreement, equal monthly payments. An agreement will be made, they will put it in writing, you sign it, you pay it.

Next, go get insurance.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">